Technical University of Cluj-Napoca (UTCN)
1. UTCN info
The Technical University of Cluj-Napoca (UTCN) is represented in the CoMoSeF project by the Image Processing and Pattern Recognition Group (http://cv.utcluj.ro/)
The groups activities are research and teaching in the fields of image processing, pattern recognition, computer vision, hardware design for image acquisition and processing.
"2D and 3D Image Processing and Recognition" and "Stereovision for Driving Assistance Systems and Autonomous Driving" are some of the research directions in which the group has expertise and experience, having achieved significant scientific and applicative achievements.
2D and 3D Image Processing and Recognition
- Features extraction and measurements from intensity images
- Pattern recognition
- Image texture detection and analysis
- Automatic extraction of semantic information from images and video data for annotation purposes
- Camera calibration
- Binocular and trinocular stereovision
- Stereovision for mobile robots and automotive applications
Stereovision for Driving Assistance Systems and Autonomous Driving
- 3D lane detection
- 3D objects detection and tracking
- 3D objects classification
- Pedestrian detection
- 3D structured/unstructured environment modeling
- Situation and risk assessment
2. UTCN has the following papers presented and published in the proceedings of the 9th IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Computer Communication and Processing, September 5-7, 2013, Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Robert Varga, Sergiu Nedevschi, "Gradient-based Region of Interest Selection for Faster Pedestrian Detection"
Mihai Negru, Sergiu Nedevschi, "Image Based Fog Detection and Visibility Estimation for Driving Assistance Systems”